[Savannah-hackers] Re: Helping savannah.gnu.org

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Helping savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:46:51 +0100 (CET)

Jaime E . Villate writes:
 > On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 05:46:51PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
 > > Could you please check the current task lists at
 > > http://savannah.gnu.org/pm/?group_id=11 and pick one that matches your
 > > skills ?
 >
 > Hi,
 > I can work on task 55 (replace cvsweb by viewcvs; I've done that before in my
 > servers). Is there an automatic way of getting committed to a task, or should
 > you assign them to us?
 > And how would I get access to the server to install the new program?
 >
 > Jaime
 > (username: villate)

 Great. You're in. The problem is a bit more complex than it seems and
it will require that you get a shell account on subversions.gnu.org
(please ask one to address@hidden, refering to this mail exchange).
There currently are three main cvsroot (one is /cvs, the old CVS
repository, two is /webcvs the www.gnu.org repository, three is
/cvsroot the sources repository).

 Is viewcvs able to deal with 3 different cvsroot ? Another area
related to this is that log_accum + prep_commit must be configured to
generate the proper URLs for viewcvs instead of cvsweb. And, of
course, Savannah must point to viewcvs instead cvsweb, but this is
easy ;-) The current system is mostly broken (the URLs sent by
mail for commit updates are wrong).

 Can you handle this ?