[Savannah-hackers] Re: switch to CVS/Savannah

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: switch to CVS/Savannah
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 07:51:39 +0100 (CET)

 > But why not switch all the pserver users over to Savannah, and kill
 > the pserver service?  Is there anything new that the pserver users
 > have to learn, beyond Savannah registration, which it seems they
 > already have to do?

 CVS/SSH + the public key stuff. Note that *all* pserver users have
Savannah accounts, have been notified that they can switch to CVS/SSH
whenever they want. But many of them are busy doing something more
important than spending 5 minutes to even think about all this. I
understand this perfectly since I tend to behave in the same way (I'm
a dyndns.org user and I only do things when they are impossible to
avoid or when the dyndns.org administrators tell me that I must do
this and this because the "very old way of doing things" is causing
them troubles).

 > Be simpler to maintain, and less hair for future GNU system-hackers
 > to deal with.

 I agree. I added a task for this purpose, scheduled for June. Hopefully
by that time all the pserver users will be using SSH without us to explicitly
ask for something (yes, I know, I'm dreaming).

    Cheers,