[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU Sim

From: baumannd
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU Sim
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:40:09 +0000

If it already is an official GNU package, it will be approved shortly.
Otherwise it must be discussed on address@hidden for approval.

Daniel E. Baumann <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: GNU Sim

GSim or (hopefully) GNU Sim is a C++ simulation library that I am writing while
taking this course http://www.msoe.edu/~blessing/cs470. The reason I am using
C++ is because they are making me use it :( (I plan to switch to C and GObject
when the new glib stablizes). It will allow a person to simulate probabilistic
discrete event systems. You will be able to create both event-based and
process-based simulations. There are plans for a GTK+ widget set and
mutlithreading. GSim uses the GSL (GNU Scientific Library) extensively for most
of the statistical processing. Most importantly, GSim will be 100% free
software licensed unde the GNU GPL :).