Re: [Savannah-hackers] Naming our sourceforge clone (was Re: Savannah an

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Naming our sourceforge clone (was Re: Savannah and non-GNU software)
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 13:58:11 +0000

> My vote is for freefoundry.org

I find freefoundry.org too general and does not give much insight on who's
behind it; savannah.org doesn't tell you much either, but once people enter
and see a picture of a savannah densely populated by GNUs and other animals,
they will get the picture. But, as you said, it causes confusion with
savannah.gnu.org. So my vote goes one of the names that RMS suggests:
    gplsource.org

The association with the FSF could be made clear in the web pages, to keep the
name simpler if project.gplsource.org is used for every project hosted
(gpl already brings fsf to mind, for those who know what gpl and fsf are).

Jaime