Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: How to fight spam on GNU mailing lists

From: mathieu
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 19:12:22 +0200

Le ven 03 mai 2002 à 19h02, Martin Hamilton a écrit :
Hi folks - just to mention that I've added an extra clause to the Exim
system filter on fencepost to bounce messages containing the closing
'iframe' tag in email messages.  These should be returned to the
sender
with a hopefully descriptive message.

We spotted back home today that the iframe tag in emailed HTML isn't
properly checked by (at least) Outlook Express.  Turns out that it's
commonly used by spammers and for virus propagation - in particular
the
Klez virus that has been doing the rounds a lot recently.  More at:

  http://www.kav.ch/avpve/worms/email/klez.stm

Apologies if anyone feels I've jumped the gun...

Ok.

How is the status on the implementation of a complete filter system on fencepost ?

--
mathieu
* http://humeur.coleumes.org Pourquoi il est vain de combattre le Front National en récitant des faits des années 1930... *