Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Embedded-but-Open - savannah.gnu.or

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Embedded-but-Open - savannah.gnu.org
Date: 13 Aug 2002 09:54:56 +0200

address@hidden a tapoté :

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>
> Tak Auyeung <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Embedded-but-Open
> System name: ebo
> Type: 1

> Embedded-but-Open (EbO) is a collection of source files (as modules)
> to aide anyone who wants to develop embedded applications based on
> the Atmel AVR microcontroller units

Hi,

Our aim is to host free software projects, and we want to encourage
  the public to think of them as free software projects.  A project
  name that says "open" is likely to encourage people to think of
  the project as "open source" instead of "free software".  Would
  you please choose a project name with "free" instead of "open"?
  If you think there is an important reason to use the name "open"
  in this particular project name, please detail it.

Could you resubmit your project?

http://savannah.gnu.org/users/yeupou
http://yeupou.coleumes.org
http://gpg.coleumes.org (GPG Key)