Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of antbear - a Half-Life master server

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of antbear - a Half-Life master server - savannah.gnu.org
Date: 14 Aug 2002 09:15:28 +0200

address@hidden a tapoté :

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>
> thorsten schemm <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: antbear - a Half-Life master server
> System name: antbear
> Type: 2

> This project is going to be a masterserver for online games (Half-Life as the
> first supported game).  The server will be as powerful as the official ones
> in terms of processing the client requests and returning the proper
> information.  In fact it will become even more powerful by extending the
> query protocol in order to support requests for player searching.  These are
> the two basic goals to achive.
> Also the server is going to be highly customizable to make it adaptable to
> the environment and machine it is running on.
>
> The next focus is set on the realization: Technically the server will be,
> depending on how it is configured, either a master or a slave or
> both (!) in an distributed-server environment.  The programming
> language is Java and the APIs used should not be the latest to make
> the server run on smaller open-source VMs, too.
>
> First code fragments do already exist at this point of time but it is not yet
> usable.

We need more details about requirements (especially Java...).

Also, could you create a tarbal with the code as it now exists (does
not matter wheter it works or not we're only going to help you
fix the possible licensing issues so that you can forget about it.)
and make it available to a temporary URL, and then resubmit ?

http://savannah.gnu.org/users/yeupou
http://yeupou.coleumes.org
http://gpg.coleumes.org (GPG Key)