[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Bash with debugging support - savan

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Bash with debugging support - savannah.gnu.org
Date: 20 Aug 2002 17:34:43 +0200

> Again you are correct and I will do. Frankly, I don't hold out much
> hope though, and the second time around I'm not as patient. As for the
> "tools" used, I don't see version control Id's lines on the files. I
> have a feeling that the project would benefit from Savannah.
>
> My own first choice for where the code should live would be Savannah,
> of course. However bash is GPL, and so are my changes. There are other
> sites that I'm sure would be willing to host this in an open
> project-management style. My suggestion then is to start this as a
> Savannah project. It could only help using Savannah for the main-line
> bash project. Of course if the debugger part gets folded into the
> main-line code, I'd be all the more happy to eliminate the project
> then.
>
> Again, I appreciate any thoughts or help you might bring to bear on my
> dilemma.

I perfectly understand your point of view.

If Chet does not want you to collaborate fully on GNU Bash, do not
hesitate to resubmit your project with a statement about this
situation.

You maybe should contact address@hidden to tell us about your problem:
GNU Bash is a GNU project, and collaboration is in the GNU project
guidelines, if I'm not mistaking.

As someone who enjoy very much bash-script writing, I would be happy
with a debugger included directly in GNU Bash.

Best regards,

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<