[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of OpenBox - savannah.gnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of OpenBox - savannah.gnu.org
Date: 21 Aug 2002 10:56:01 +0200

address@hidden said:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>
> Krzysztof Burghardt <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: OpenBox
> System name: openchatbox

Our aim is to host free software projects, and we want
to encourage the public to think of them as free software
projects.  A project name that says "open" is likely to
encourage people to think of the project as "open source"
instead of "free software".

We would be glad if you accept to use "free" instead of
"open" in your project name.

> Type: 1

> OpenBox is an LANChat-like software which is designed for talking in LANs.
> It uses protocol similar (because it`s only partial implemented now :( )
> to ChatterBox (FREEWARE M$-Windows application written by Michal Zdolski).
> OpenBox have Ncurses interface (terminal semi-graphic). It`s written in C.
> Work fine on Linux (*BSD ports will be made soon).

"Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system
that we like to refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize
the ideals of the Free Software movement.

Would you mind changing occurences of Linux as OS
to GNU/Linux?

You can get more informations at
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html

> I want to implement annother protocol, which is used in LANChat.  If
> I do this OpenBox user will talk witch persons who using different
> software.  I also want to make support for Windows Messaging (\"net
> send\", WinPOPUp).  I want to write an proxy for relaying packets
> betwen different network interfaces (eth0 <==> eth1).
>
> It already exists and you can download the latest distribution at
> http://www.underground.org.pl/einstein/download/OpenBox-0.3.0.tar.gz

Checked. Everything is ok.

Could you resubmit once it's done?
You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you receive at submission

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<