[Savannah-hackers] submission of XEmacs Lisp Interface to MySQL Client C

From: bv-savannah
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of XEmacs Lisp Interface to MySQL Client C - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 11:54:03 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Brett Viren <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: XEmacs Lisp Interface to MySQL Client C
System name: xemacs-mysql
Type: 2

My project provides an XEmacs lisp interface to MySQL C client library.  It is
in the form of an XEmacs \"emodule\".  Once built and loaded in with
\"load-module\" one can access a MySQL server from lisp programs.
Running \"xemacs -l example.el -f test-mysql\" from the build directory will
test it.  The test assumes a test.dummy table exists and can be accessed by
address@hidden

It already exists and you can browse the latest distribution at
http://minos.phy.bnl.gov/~bviren/software/xemacs/mysql/

Other Software Required:
libmysqlclient and access to a MySQL server.
XEmacs with \"emodule\" support.

Other Comments:
The reason for doing these wrappers is that I hope some VM (as in the emacs
mail reader) hacker can use this to provide support for accessing mail folders
stored in MySQL.