[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Savannah-hackers] submission of Help for FreeDOS - Experimental new imp
[Savannah-hackers] submission of Help for FreeDOS - Experimental new implementation - savannah.gnu.org
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 08:11:40 -0400
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; LWCDial User - signup ver 5; flash 3)
A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
This mail was sent to address@hidden, address@hidden
Robert John Platt <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Help for FreeDOS - Experimental new implementation
System name: help
This project is not part of the GNU Project, but it is GPL, aimed at FreeDOS
and other DOS users. FreeDOS is a project to give a free and mostly GPL
alternative for the commercial, and unsupported, MS-DOS. For example in DOSemu.
This particular project is to create a new implementation of \'help\', the HTML
help viewer for FreeDOS. The reasons for a new implementation are:
1. the existing \'help\' does not support the keyboard as well as the MS-DOS
version, nor is it implemented in a way that could easily be modified to
support keyboard well.
2. the existing \'help\' is open-source but not GPL.
3. because of reason 2, GPL code cannot be used to expand or modify the
existing program, only LGPL can.
This project aims to have:
- a search facility,
- cursor keys to select topics,
- a help history which can be navigated forwards as well as backwards,
- easy command line use; topics don\'t need to be named exactly,
- compile into either tiny or small memory model whilst having no practical
limit on help page size.
Other Software Required:
Should run on any DOS clone, including FreeDOS under DOSEmu.
Check out http://www.freedos.org.
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Savannah-hackers] submission of Help for FreeDOS - Experimental new implementation - savannah.gnu.org,