[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Savannah-hackers] submission of Yet another computer - savannah.nongnu.
martin . voelkle
[Savannah-hackers] submission of Yet another computer - savannah.nongnu.org
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:29:14 -0400
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; SunOS sun4u; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020611
A package was submitted to savannah.nongnu.org
This mail was sent to address@hidden, address@hidden
Martin Voelkle <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Yet another computer
System name: march
The goal of this project is to design a GPLed computer from digital
architecture to end-user front-end, without limitation from existing hardware
The main principles are:
- clean, pure design
- very extensible, generic
Some of the design ideas are:
- network-inspired internal microprocessor buses
- superscalar processing
- microcode-based dedicated hardware
- various programming language levels (like java/c++/c/asm)
- very reduced low-level ISA
- compiled/interpreted (at will) functional programming language
- syntax-less programming
- latest OS design principles
Every physical part that is not digital (io devices) will be simulated.
It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.
Other Software Required:
- g++ or maybe gcj for the digital hardware description library, the rest will
be build on top of it.
- other libraries that might be used to simulate hardware parts (like Xlib for
screens), this will be updated when needed
It\'s not mean to be usefull, but to see what can be done (you can call this
computer science masturbation if you want).
AND IT\'S JUST FOR FUN!
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Savannah-hackers] submission of Yet another computer - savannah.nongnu.org,
martin . voelkle <=