Re: [Savannah-hackers] inetd

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] inetd
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:00:15 +0200

Mathieu Roy writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I do not know how to make anoncvs working with the addresses
 > savannah.gnu.org and savannah.nongnu.org  instead of
 > subversions.gnu.org
 >
 > I think that using everytime the same domain name should help users.
 >
 > Anyway, anoncvs seems to be managed by inetd and I do know how to
 > specify a particular address with inetd (anyway, xinetd seems really
 > easier to configure).

        xinetd is used on subversions, not inetd. It is possible
to specify the IP. Check /etc/xinetd.conf.

 > So in the meantime, It remains subversions.gnu.org. If someones have
 > tips about it, I would be glad to hear -in fact, to read- him.

        You must be *extremely* carefully when messing with
xinetd.conf.  In particular you must have access to the subversion
console (thru servent.gnu.org) in case something goes wrong.

        Regarding the pserver issue itself, it would indeed make sense
to allwo savannah.gnu.org + savannah.nongnu.org to receive pserver
connexions. In this case savannah.gnu.org should reject attempts on
non-gnu projects and vice versa.

        Cheers,