[Savannah-hackers] submission of ZynAddSubFX - savannah.nongnu.org

From: zynaddsubfx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ZynAddSubFX - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 04:25:08 -0400

Nasca Paul <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: The license is GNU General Public License version 2. I chosed
\"Other\" because the first option says \"GPL version 2 or later\" and my
software is licensed ONLY under version 2 of GNU GPL.
Package: ZynAddSubFX
System name: zynaddsubfx
Type: non-GNU

My project is a realtime software syntheizer. It is polyphonic (may play
several notes at once), mutitimbral (may play several different instruments at
once). It has microtonal capabilities (any scale up to 127 notes/octave). It
has, also, effects like Reverb, Echo, Chorus/Flange, Phaser, etc. You can
connect theese effects as system/insertion effects. Sounds made by it are like
from proffesional hadware. The instruments sounds warm, like analogue synth.
I had written this from march 2002, because I wished to make a free available,
but powerfull synthesizer.

The program works on Linux and it is written under C++.
The program is already written and complete, but is not relased on the net
(yet); I am asking for space (100k sourcecode and 1.5-2 MB for docs/samples) on
your site to relase it.

License: The program free software is licensed under version 2 of the GNU GPL
(of course ;) ).
I hope that my software will do for sound synthesis what \"The GIMP\" did for
image processing.

Thank you.

Other Software Required:
All the requirements are free software (GNU GPL).
Operating system: Linux  ;)
Compiler: gcc
Other software needed: fltk (availabe on www.fltk.org), fftw (available on
www.fftw.org), alsa with oss emulation
(available on http://www.alsa-project.org/ ).

Other Comments:
The program is not commercially supported.