[Savannah-hackers] Re: how to access the www.gnu.org/japan.

From: Nobuyuki Hikichi
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: how to access the www.gnu.org/japan.
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:58:16 +0900

Hi!

:
 > > Please change the homepage from
 > > http://www.gnu.org/software/JapaneseGNUi/ to http://www.gnu.org/japan/

 > Hi,

 > Normally everything should work but the informations on the cvs page
 > are false. I'm working on it. We have to deal with the fact that the
 > group name is not the name of the cvs dir.

 > The whole thing will be fixed soon.
:

I checked it is fixed.

I can download the  HTML tree.
But I could not Developer CVS access via pserver in following message;
        no such user xxhikichi in CVSROOT/passwd

Please tell me right user name d and its pass word.

Thanks in advance.

-- Nobu

CVS Newbies
============

If you've never used CVS, you should read some documentation about it;
a useful URL is http://www.cvshome.org/ where you can find the Quick
reference to CVS commands guide. Using CVS is not complex but you have
to understand what is going on. The best way to start is to ask a
friend to show you the way.

The basic informations described further on this page are detailled in
the savannah user doc. The same principle applies to the HTML tree.

Anonymous CVS Access
====================

This project\'s CVS repository can be checked out through anonymous
(pserver) CVS with the following instruction set. The module you wish
to check out must be specified as the modulename. When prompted for a
password for anoncvs, simply press the Enter key.

HTML tree:

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/webcvs login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/webcvs co japan/

Updates from within the module's directory do not need the -d parameter.

Developer CVS Access via SSH (Version 1, RSA)

Only project developers can access the CVS tree via this method. SSH1
must be installed on your client machine. If you have SSH version two,
add

Host subversions.gnu.org
     Protocol 1

in your ~/.ssh/config file, even if you think that your SSH will
switch to protocol 1 automatically. Substitute developername with the
proper value. Your savannah password is useless for cvs. You have to
register a CVS/SSH Shared key in the Account Maintenance page for the
machine from which you run cvs.

HTML tree:

export CVS_RSH=ssh
cvs -z3 address@hidden:/webcvs co japan/

Developer CVS Access via Kerberos 5
===================================

Only project developers who also have a kerberos account on gnu.org can access
the CVS tree via this method. CVS with GSSAPI support must be installed on your
client machine (--with-gssapi --enable-encryption configure flags). Substitute
developername with the proper value.

HTML tree:

cvs -z3 -d:gserver:address@hidden:/webcvs/ co japan/

Symbolic Links in HTML CVS

Add a file named .symlinks in each directory where you want to make symbolic
links. Each line of the file list a real file name followed by the name of the
symbolic link. The symbolic links are built once a day. For more information
check the documentation.

Import your CVS tree

If your project already has an existing CVS repository that you want to move to
subversions, make an appointment with someone at address@hidden or
address@hidden for the migration. You may want to read the Savannah
administrator guidelines for this operation.

Firewall workaround

People living behind a fascist firewall can use the port 443 (https) to access
the CVS tree with the :pserver: or :gserver: methods.

cvs -d ...subversions.gnu.org:443/cvsroot...
Compatibility
                                                                        []