[Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU shell account?

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU shell account?
Date: 15 Oct 2002 12:25:14 +0200

address@hidden said:

> Loic Dachary <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >     You could track CVS related things thru the Savannah bug
> > report and support request web pages. But most questions tagged CVS
> > are newbie questions that don't require your level of expertise nor
> > shell access to the machine. When a serious problem/issue is reported
> > if solving it means to send you an e-mail with the problem
> > description, it will be extremely useful.
>
> I'd suggest that the savannah-hackers should be more aware of the
> cvs-hackers list. I'd be happy to deal with stuff coming through the
> cvs-hackers list.
>
> I prefer that because I get such a lot of email that I have to
> organise it by it's "to address". Mail from individual
> savannah-hackers about certain problems might get lost by me.
>
> However, I do try and deal with everything that turns up in my mailbox
> so any problem they have feel free to send it.
>
> >  > I've heard rumours that you're talking about using PostgreSQL. I've
> >  > got quite a lot of pgsql experience and I'd be happy to give you some
> >  > admin help (again, because I can do it quickly).
> >
> >     I'm not aware of this.
>
> Then the rumours are probably untrue  /8-> Which is a shame, pgsql is
> a whole lot better than the m's.

In fact, the rumours are partially true. Me and Jaime Villate plans to
rewrite Savannah in perl (admin shell interface for the
beginning). Using some perl modules offer the possibility of
supporting many SGBDR. And since lot of people here prefer pgsql...

> >  > Another thing I might be able to help with is where native
> >  > english speaking is required for drafting important
> >  > messages. I've seen you critised a few times for this (unjustly
> >  > imho). I'd be happy to draft stuff for you when you need it in
> >  > prosaic english.
> >
> >     That is *extremly* usefull. None of us are native english speakers.
> > We deserve the criticisms that were made.
>
> I don't think you did deserve the crits. But I would be more than
> happy to write drafts for you. Most of the time I would also be able
> to liase with Bradley about approval for announcements and such like.

Very nice.

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<