[Savannah-hackers] [ 101401 ] SSH connection is dropped (fwd)

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101401 ] SSH connection is dropped (fwd)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:11:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hello!

According to https://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=openap, I should use
cvs over ssh for read-write access.  I have reported (see below) that I
cannot use cvs over ssh because ssh drops connection.  I have demonstrated
how ssh drops connection when it's run with "cvs server" as the remote
command, which is how cvs runs ssh.  I also have demonstrated how cvs
fails when ssh drops connection.

The reply by address@hidden is unsatisfactory for the following
reasons:

1) The reply says "Normal user can only use _cvs_ sftp rsync and scp over
SSH", but ignores that fact that I have demonstrated that cvs over ssh
fails.

2) The reply ignores the first sentence of my request: "I cannot use CVS
over ssh."

3) The reply says "In any other case, connection is dropped", ignoring the
fact that specifying "cvs server" on the ssh command line is not an "other
case", it's exactly what cvs runs, except that cvs doesn't add "-v" flag,
which I added to demonstrate that the problem is not with authentication.

I have read the reply several times and I strongly believe that its author
didn't take time to read and understand my request.  I understand that
your time is limited, but this attitude is much more frustrating than a
late, but competent reply.

I wrote to address@hidden before and didn't get any answer.  I
wrote to address@hidden and got an answer that I should contact
address@hidden  My request in "Support Manager" has been
answered the same day, but I leave you to judge if it can be called and
answer.

In case it's still not clear, I need ssh access to savannah.gnu.org _only_
for read-write access to the projects I'm authorized to access.  If (and
only if) the people who are supposed to give me that access are unable to
do it, then I want any other way to access cvs repository for writing,
such as unrestricted ssh access to subversions.gnu.org or Kerberos or
anything else.

Pavel Roskin