[Savannah-hackers] submission of PNGmask - savannah.nongnu.org

From: franny644
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of PNGmask - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:09:05 -0400

Francis Rogers <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: PNGmask
System name: pmask
Type: non-GNU

My project is a steganography program known as PNGmask that hides data in PNG
images. It works by appending everything from standard input to the end of the
image, preceded by a special token. When extracting the data, it looks for the
token and then prints everything following it to standard output. It also has a
switch to remove the data from the image. I plan to eventually extend the
software to work with other image formats too. I am already working on code to
embed it in JPEGs. The images display fine in most major browsers, including
Mozilla, Internet Explorer, and Netscape. The image\'s quality and contents are
also left unchanged. The whole thing is written in C using only the standard
library, and is GPL\'d.

Although the software is in a VERY early stage of development, it currently
works. The current but messy source for the software is available at
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/franny644/pngmask.tar.gz .

NOTE: I have not added GPL notices to the source yet, but I will do it as soon
as I can.

Other Software Required:
PNGmask only needs a standard C library and a shell with I/O redirection to run.

Other Comments:
You can contact me at address@hidden if you need to.