[Savannah-hackers] submission of eMule: Project Xmod - savannah.gnu.org

From: Christoph . Menke
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of eMule: Project Xmod - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 02:25:10 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Chris Menke <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: eMule: Project Xmod
System name: xmod
Type: GNU

>Hi,
>
>I\'m evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah >and I want
>to take a look at your source code, but the URL you gave >us is not found in
>server3.hostpoint.ch
>
>Could you please register your project again with a working URL >where your
>source code can be found?
>
>Regards,
>Jaime
Hmm.. sorry - the FTP guy changed folder name, because we a vote resulted in a
namechange to Xmod -> this is the right URL now:
http://server3.hostpoint.ch/~tuningsc/emule/xmod/

Okay :o)
Well - me and about 6 other developers are working on a Project called \'eMule
Xmod\' it is some kind of MOD for the official eMule Client (
www.emule-project.net ).
We were working on our own for a quite long time and now decided to start the
project \'eMule Xmod\' in which we all work together to increase the stability
and code the strongest Mod with the most features.

The main aim of our work is to test the official eMule client with several
plug-ins and new systems which improve the client. I think, well actually I\'d
say I belive that we are very important for the eMule Project, because we test
and improve the Client as the official Team could not do it, because we\'re
doin in some way the client one-step-ahead and test not implentet features and
a lot of own ideas in our MOD to check the compatibility and feedback of our
\'testers\'.

Hmm.. some people would say it is stupid to create a project of another Project
- actually I have thought bout this quite long and came to the conclusion that
- in this case - its not, because we\'re kinda another Team who have to work
quite fast and efficient to publish the mod right after the official Client was
released.

We already did some versions, but as you can see on the FTP server its quite
complicated to optimize the common work on a FTP
-> http://server3.hostpoint.ch/~tuningsc/emule/xmod/ <-
This is another reason why we would like to have a project: To have a CVS
Server to improve the work of our developers.

I hope you agree with us and accept our Project request :D

Thanks for the time & attention
   Chris

P.S.: Thread in eMule forum of our common work and the feedback:
http://www.emule-project.net/en/viewtopic.php?t=5201

Other Software Required:

Other Comments: