[Savannah-hackers] Analaca Natural Language Computing Agent (#3531)

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Analaca Natural Language Computing Agent (#3531)
Date: 13 Dec 2002 14:04:45 +0100

Please disregard the automatically sent mail just sent before,

There are several issues with your registration

You said you "Planned support for CMU's Sphinx2
(http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/sphinx/)" but according to their
website, this software is not dependant on proprietary Java which is a
serious problem

Also, I advise you to ask to address@hidden for help about
        "I think that I either want the GPL or LGPL. Here's what I
        want to be able to do: -I want people to be able to connect
        Analaca to non-GPL, yet free, resources. For instance, I
        myself would like to connect Analaca to BeVocal's developer
        resources and do some fresh VoiceXML stuff. -I'd like to be
        able to consult with companies and build modules for Analaca
        to connect to their internal resources; here it's not really
        about freeing the code, its about exposing their proprietary
        information by the disclosure of their business logic and
        processes Outside of the above, I don't want people to be able
        to better the Analaca base without contributing those changes
        back to the community. Could someone counsel me on which of
        the two licences I need to go with? I'm thinking the Lesser
        GPL. HOWEVER, could people just license the modules that they
        develop SEPARATELY from the rest of Analaca?"

I suggest you to clear the situation on thoses points and then
re-register your project on Savannah,