[Savannah-hackers] submission of Narsil - General Purpose C Library - s

From: kirth_gersen
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Narsil - General Purpose C Library - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:16:07 -0500

Kirth Gersen <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: Narsil - General Purpose C Library
System name: narsil
Type: non-GNU

First of all I must excuse for my bad english.

My project is a small, platform indipendent (as well as possible) and (I hope)
fast C library wholly written in ISO C89 (but will work well also with C99, and
obviously with Python) that provide various functionality in a namespace that
don\'t conflict with functions of standard libraries.

Library functions will supply:
- a portable and thread safe line arguments parser (with an object oriented
like approach), that support che standard Unix syntax (both short and long
options, with or without value)
- an extension to the standard string library, with a set of functions never
implemented or not standard and a set of macro to analyze return value of some
standard functions
- a set of helpful functions, like file size calculation, high level type
checking (is_integer_negative, is_percentage), print error messages
- a simple implementafion for some ADT, like Stack, bitvector, list and vector,
with some generic programming algoritm implemented
- whichever thing over the year I\'ll need to have in my projects and that
standard library don\'t offer to me

The purpose is similar to glib, but it will be smaller and simple than glib. If
you thing at Glib as a knight in a full body armor and with a big and heavy
weapon, this library is only a sword, that I will sharpen to make fine and
efficient.

The name of this project is Narsil (like Elendil\'s sword) and it reflect this
characteristic.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.

Other Software Required:
a C compiler conforming to the ISO C89
make
autotool (but will also work without)