[Savannah-hackers] submission of Transparent window - savannah.gnu.org

From: sunshout
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Transparent window - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 02:12:54 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Charlie Sohn <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Transparent window
System name: gost
Type: GNU

My project works on X-windows.
I want to work my works such as c++ programming, word processing with several
monitors, because I have to use other applications.
But in a single monitor, I have to minimize the working windows to see other
applications. so I want to see other application which can not be seen by
current windows, without minimizing the current one.
 The main idea is making a current window transparent if I want to see other
windows by push the function key like F1.

 For example, I code my project with full screen, I suddenly have to see my
specification note with emacs which is opened in screen, but I can not see  the
text, because I work my project with full screen. In this case, I push the F1
key then the current windows become transparent, so I can see the text in a
emacs windows.

 This function should work with all applications, so it is need to be supported
by X-server like window maker.

Other Software Required:
C language

Other Comments: