Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Fool Templates - savannah.nongnu.or

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Fool Templates - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:41:34 +0100

Note: this also counts for the montypy project!  Please follow the
guidelines below and resubmit both projects.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 07:23:42AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Chris Hagner <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: lgpl
> Other License:
> Package: Fool Templates
> System name: fooltmpls
> Type: non-GNU

> This project is a text templating system, most often used by being
> embedded within a web application or web framework to produce dynamic web
> pages.  The syntax of the templating language was heavily influenced by
> Zope\\\'s DTML, but the implementation is completely independent.  The
> software is 100% Python, and while the development occurs on GNU/Linux, it
> will run on any Python-supporting platform.
>
> The software was initially developed by software at The Motley Fool
> (fool.com) with the goal of strictly separating business logic (i.e.
> retrieving/manipulating db data) and user interface logic
> (i.e. constructing a dynamic HTML page).  In addition, there was the
> need to support Unicode for the Fool\'s non-English sites.  We were
> unable to find any existing templating software that fully supported
> Unicode.  While the software was not put into production, it did
> reach a highly usable state.  The Fool then open sourced the
> software in the hopes that others will benefit and improve the
> packages.

Note that Savannah supports projects of the Free Software
movement, not projects of the Open Source movement.
We are careful about ethical issues and insist on
producing software that is not dependent on proprietary
software.

While Open Source as defined by it's founders means
Free Software, it's frequently misunderstood.
For more information, read
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html

> You can download the latest distribution at
> http://www.nonstoptech.com/nst/foolware/download/.

In order to release your project under the LGPL you
should write copyright notices and copying permission
statements at the beginning of every source-code file, and
include a copy of the plain text version of the LGPL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt copy it, for
instance, into a file named COPYING).

Please follow the advice of
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#LGPL

Could you resubmit your project once it's done?
You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you received  at submission

Rudy Gevaert ; address@hidden
http://www.webworm.org ; http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/glms
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who
understand binary, and those who don't