Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ceDonkey - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ceDonkey - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:55:47 +0000

There are 3 pending issues before we can approve your project:

1- Could you create a tarball with the code as it
now exists and make it available to a temporary URL
(and add this url to your description while submitting
the project)?
(you mentioned the homepage of the project but didn't give us a URL for it;
keep in mind that the description you enter at registration will be seen by
Savannah administrators but it will not be the description of your project
in the Savannah site).

2- Savannah supports projects of the Free Software movement, not projects of
the Open Source movement.
While Open Source as defined by it's founders means Free Software, it's
frequently misunderstood. For more information, read
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html

3- How does your project differ from the mldonkey project that already exists
in Savannah? (see: http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/mldonkey)
Have you talked to the developers of mldonkey?

Please register you project again, commenting on those 3 issues.

Regards,
Jaime