[Savannah-hackers] submission of SciDc - savannah.nongnu.org

From: frx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of SciDc - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 10:13:08 -0500

Francesco Poli <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: SciDc
System name: scidc
Type: non-GNU

My project is a scientific RPN (Reversed Polish Notation) calculator written in
C++.
It will probably use the CLN library (http://www.ginac.de/CLN/) to achieve
arbitrary precision in the computations.
The user interface will be text-based (console application).
It will also (in the future) allow the user to define and call macros.
>From a look & feel as well as behaviour point of view, it will resemble
>closely to the well-known GNU Dc, but my calculator will add scientific
>calculator functions such as:
* exponential and logarithmic functions
* trigonometric functions
* hyperbolic functions
Note that, although my calculator will resemble to GNU Dc, it will be written
from scratch.
For now I haven\'t got (almost) any code to show, as I\'m currently more in the
design step, than in the implementation one (moreover I\'m a C++ newbie, just
finished to study Stroustrup! ;-)).

Other Software Required:
probably CLN library (GPL): see http://www.ginac.de/CLN/

Other Comments: