Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of India Linux Users Group, Delhi - sa

From: Raj Mathur
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of India Linux Users Group, Delhi - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:33:56 +0530

    Jaime> On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 11:46:35PM -0400,
    Jaime> address@hidden wrote:
    >> A package was submitted to savannah.nongnu.org Raj Mathur
    >> <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
    >> License: website Other License: Package: India Linux Users
    >> Group, Delhi System name: ilugd Type: non-GNU

    >> 1500-strong group.  About 7 years old as of 2003, the goals of
    >> ILUG-Delhi are promotion of freedom in all aspects of life with
    >> emphasis on freedom in software and special focus on Linux.  We
    >> have a web site (http://linux-delhi.org/), regular meetings,
    >> organise events and provide CDs of free software to members and
    >> non-members.
    >>

    Jaime> Hi, I'm sorry but Savannah only hosts software projects
    Jaime> (and documentation for free software). We do not provide
    Jaime> ressources for Users Groups. That "website" license that
    Jaime> you have chosen is reserved only for webmasters of the GNU
    Jaime> website, who might register various projects to handle
    Jaime> different sections of the www.gnu.org website.

The project is needed to host the mailing lists for the User Group, if
it makes any difference.  The web site is going to continue to remain
hosted at http://linux-delhi.org/ , but we don't have the proper
infrastructure to run a mailing list with ~15 messages a day, and
probably more lists to come in the future.

Regards,

-- Raju

--
Raj Mathur                address@hidden      http://kandalaya.org/