[Savannah-hackers] submission of ereboslinux - savannah.nongnu.org

From: sdismar
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ereboslinux - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 06:49:30 -0400

Sandra Dismar <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: ereboslinux
System name: ereboslinux
Type: non-GNU

I\'m planning to do a Linux Distribution Build Kit which\'s target will be
administrators and advanced users. The scripts, the system is build from, are
mostly written in bash. I\'m imaging a distribution which is as small as
possible (the base), but can be expanded to a full-featured-powerful
End-User-Distribution - if you want it.
There will be different \"target\" repositories in the build-kit, so for
example:
   --> minimalist/base
(strictly required because it contains the packages which are important to
build a basic system, such as gcc, linux-kernel...)

   --> desktop
(additional stuff like windowmanagers, X...)

   --> server
(additional stuff like apache, sendmail... will get here)

Additional to this, the user will be able to write a own collection of packages
which he wants to have in his system, of course.

Some other plans you can see here:
- https://sourceforge.net/developer/diary.php?diary_id=12661&diary_user=330175
- http://ereboslinux.de.vu/

I\'m planning to have 2 different trees
a) a development tree which is used to work with (e.g.
erebos-src-1.0a)
b) a stable tree which is only used to get the sources of the \"old\" version
(e.g. erebos-src-1.0... after it\'s released)
I\'m planning to release ISOs when
a)  there is a stable-version of EREBOS. So e.g. when I\'m
releasing EREBOS-1.0
b) every 3 month a development-ISO for preview of interested
people (e.g.
EREBOS-1.0a)
Only the leader of EREBOS (so, Sandra Dismar (me)) will be
the only person who will update the tree. All the patches and so on will be
sent to me and after applying them, i will update the package tree.
I\'m going to maintain stable (EREBOS-1.0 e.g.), and a
unstable (aka development version) which is the current,
every-3-month-released upcoming stable version (e.g. EREBOS 1.1a for the
upcoming EREBOS 1.2 release)
The users can either get a CVS-checkout or get a released
snapshot (which contains the scripts et cetera)

Other Software Required:

Other Comments: