[Savannah-hackers] submission of man2html - savannah.nongnu.org

From: earl
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of man2html - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:08:03 -0400

Earl Hood <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: man2html
System name: man2html
Type: non-GNU

The project is man2html.  The latest version of it can be
downloaded from
<http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/EHOOD/man2html3.0.1.tar.gz>.

man2html is Perl program the converts formatted nroff manpages
to HTML.  A simple CGI program is also provided to allow
web-based navigation of a systems manpages.

The program is distributed under the GPL.  The program is quite
old, but still has a user base along with some applying their
own patches to it.

Note, there other, non-related, programs that go by the name of
\"man2html\".

Other Software Required:
Perl

Other Comments:
Personally, I do not maintain the program anymore, but I still
receive patches once in awhile, and there is currently a person
interested in taking over primary maintenance of the project.