[Savannah-hackers] Re: Emacs mailing lists

From: Richard Stallman
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 04:33:40 -0400

    > Does "attach" work with a list that is implemented as an alias
    > and not managed through Mailman?

    I don't think it would work.

Please change the page to explain what does work and what doesn't work
in the "attach" feature.  Then people will understand what it can
and can't be good for.

    > If not, what would I do to add such a mailing list to this page?

    You are maybe the first person who wanted to add such list.

I would expect that there are other packages that have mailing lists
that are implemented as aliases.  Perhaps they never thought of
documenting these lists.

It isn't a terribly important issue, but it should be easy to
implement a feature that lets the project maintainers announce
other mailing lists.  All they need to do is specify some HTML
that will appear at the end of the list of mailing lists.