Re: [Savannah-hackers] Regarding CVS and ViewCVS

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Regarding CVS and ViewCVS
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:33:32 +0100

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 08:41:18AM +0530, R. Senthil Kumar Pillai wrote:
> i have configured CVS in redhat linux 7.3
> after this i configured ViewCVS 0.9.2.
> when i view the repositories through the browser,  it is giving me a message
> like
> " One or more files were unreadable. The files in the CVS repository should
> be readable by the web server process. Please report this condition to the
> administrator of this CVS repository. "

Hi,
this list is not for those kind of requests; your question is a general basic
Unix question and should better be asked in a GNU/Linux users list.
However, I'll give you a quick hack: if your CVS repositories were in /mycvs,
you would do:
     chmod -R +r /mycvs
that might not be the best solution for your needs, but giving you a better
advice would require digging deeper into groups and users administration in
GNU/Linux which is far beyond the scope of this list.

Regards,
Jaime