[Savannah-hackers] submission of SoundCoach - savannah.nongnu.org

From: cpw
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of SoundCoach - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 16:04:19 -0400

Carl P. Weidling <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: SoundCoach
System name: soundcoach
Type: non-GNU

The name of the project is soundcoach.  It is a sound/music program
that creates a window with some resemblence to a musical staff.  A
user can click notes in and play them.  There is an ability save to
a file, load from a file, paste.  The user can change scales, there is
a built in semitone scale, similar to a piano keyboard, also a built in
quartertone scale, and the user can define a custom scale.  Included in
the package are examples of scales and tutorial files to be loaded.  The
program also has \\\\\\\'games\\\\\\\' to allow a user to test their hearing
acuity, such as testing how close to notes can be in pitch and the user still
tell them apart.
Besides playing notes, soundcoach samples incoming
sound and runs a fast fourier transform and displays on its staff the
two dominant frequencies of incoming sound and, if they are close to
notes on the staff, it indicates if they are the same, or a little sharp
or a little flat.  The idea was to help train people to sing on key.
Soundcoach was developed on gnu/linux (slackware 8.0 and Redhat 7.1 distros)
and those are the only places it\\\\\\\'s been tried.

Other Software Required:

Other Comments:
I don\\\\\\\'t have a web page, so there\\\\\\\'s no place like that to get the
source
code from.  I have a shell account address@hidden, but I don\\\\\\\'t think
you\\\\\\\'d be able to access it without my password.  I\\\\\\\'d rather just
email
you the source code, if you don\\\\\\\'t mind.

I emailed the source code to Mathieu Roy (address@hidden).  It
was reviewed and he sent email saying I could resubmit.