[Savannah-hackers] sftp bug state / Permission Problem

From: Kai Mosebach
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] sftp bug state / Permission Problem
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 12:32:26 +0200

Hi Savannah-hackers,

I was currently starting my project on savannah, and wanted to submit
binary beta tests to the download page.

There I encountered 3 Problems :

- One binary seems to be uploaded with permissions 660, so no one can
access it via web
- Im currently uploading it again over the old file with permissions 644
but on the website only the old file is seen with its size of 70mb, and
I still cannot access it via web.
- I was trying to connect to savannah with sftp, and encountered the old
problems

My questions :

When I use sftp I first got error : you are not allow to execute: ..
This depends on the client OS and mine is FreeBSD, but only linux seems
to run fine here.
When give the parameter -s to execute /usr/lib/sftp-server as the
command, this work well.
But there is still the other problem, that I got a disconnect
immediately after authentication,
which seems to be your problem with the 0-byte sized savannah-sftp
programm, that is tried to execute by /usr/lib/sftp-server.

So what is the current state in fixing these two problems ?
Can you check the permissions of the file :
FreeBSD/sapdb_freebsd_beta_build-173.tgz

Project Name is : sapdb-ports

Thanx and regards

Kai

------------- Log file

address@hidden:~/.ssh] # sftp -1 address@hidden:/upload

Connecting to savannah.gnu.org...
Enter passphrase for RSA key '/root/.ssh/identity':
You tried to execute: `/usr/local/bin/cvssh -c
/usr/libexec/sftp-server'.
Sorry, you are only allowed to execute :
   - CVS_RSH=ssh cvs commands
   - rsync from /cvsroot or /upload.
   - rsync to /upload.
   - sftp to and from /upload.