Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: sftp bug state / Permission Problem

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: sftp bug state / Permission Problem
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:20:50 +0100

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 11:07:18PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> I'm a bit concerned by this project. Is a software port something
> really different than a distribution?  A distro is a bunch of
> ports... isn't it?

Hi,
the reason why we do not host complete GNU/Linux distributions is because
licensing/authorship issues are better handled independently, in a case by case
basis. When we are talking about a distribution of just one package, with a
single license and well defined authors, I do not see any problem.

Of course, if the process of making a distribution requires just to compile it
in a different architecture, there is no need for CVS or Savannah services. In
the case of sapdb-ports I approved their project because I got the impression
that they needed a CVS repository, and in fact they do have a CVS repository
in Savannah.

If you think they are using too many resources for their tarballs, we
can ask them to submit them to sapdb.org, rather than uploading them to
the Savannah upload area, and keep the project for the development of their
scripts.

Regards,
Jaime