[Savannah-hackers] submission of Pik\'s GTK2 Client to CEDict - savanna

From: pik
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Pik\'s GTK2 Client to CEDict - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 21:59:11 -0400

Pierre M <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Pik\'s GTK2 Client to CEDict
System name: pikscedict
Type: non-GNU

This project is a chinese dictionnary.
It use libGtk2 for GUI, and CEDICT for vocabulary source
(www.mandarintools.com/cedict for details about the license of the CEDICT, wich
seems to be compatible with the GPL, Anyway, my front end and this file are
clearly splitted)

I got two goal, two \"milestone\" for this projet :
the first step is a front-end for CEDICT,so it will be a Chinese/English
dictionnary with 25000 entries, and a customizable voc file.

The second step is to make a CEDICT-like French/Chinese Dictionnary, with both
search engine and voc file GPLized.
a free software/free data project.

there is a temporary project page, hosted one my personnal notebook (may be
offline sometimes)with some information (in French) and how to contact me
easily if needed :
http://pik.homeip.net
and a direct link to sources :
http://pik.homeip.net/cefdict/pikscedict-0.1.tgz

(project created using Anjuta)

I do not exclude to make a ms-windows version of it, to gather more vocabulary
when web-synchronization will be implemented.
But since I mainly use GTK2/glib, it should only be a windows port of my GNU
code.

ps : excuse me if my english is not perfect, as you can guess, I\'m a french
studying chinese, english is not my main skill !

Other Software Required:
gtk2

Other Comments: