[Savannah-hackers] submission of Democratic Experience Software - savan

From: dmentre
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Democratic Experience Software - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 15:37:52 -0400

David Mentré <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Democratic Experience Software
System name: demexp
Type: non-GNU

The purpose of this project is to write the software to sustain the Democratic
Experience project (in french : http://exp.dem.free.fr/).

In short, the objective of Democratic Experience is to inject more democracy in
our society. This is done by creating a computer system where all people, from
all over the world, could ask questions and express their responses. People
would vote on those answers to extract the response to a specific question. The
whole set of responses would express the position of a group of people on
subjects of interest. The voting method would be a variant of the Condorcet
voting.

The objective of this Savannah project is to create the software that would
sustain this project. That is to say, server, client and the set of needed
database structures.

We intend to execute the server on a gnu/linux system. The client  should be
available on both proprietary (windows, mac os) and free OS (like debian
gnu/linux).

We haven\'t any code yet. Only specifications.

Other Software Required:
We intend to write the server in the Objective Caml language, available in the
main section of Debian GNU/Linux.

For database support, we haven\'t made any choice yet but they are plenty of
GPL compatible databases that would fit (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLlite, ...).

The client would probably be written in Objective Caml with a binding to the Tk
graphic toolkit.

Other Comments: