[Savannah-hackers] Savannah issues

From: Paul Fisher
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah issues
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:17:54 -0400

Since anoncvs has been back up and running, it seems that there are at
least a few clients out there that are not playing nicely.

There is one CVS process that has been running for about 12 hours (job
13857).  Seems rather unlikely that a checkout would take 12 hours,
but maybe it's legitimate, and in another 12 hours the process will be
gone.

There's a new stable release of CVS out (1.11.6), and I'm pondering
upgrading CVS on savannah.  One of the bugs that appears to be fixed
in 1.11.6 (that isn't in our current version of CVS):

    * There was a bug where certain error conditions could cause the
    server to go into an infinite loop.  There was also a bug that
    caused a compressed connection from an older client to hang on
    shutdown.  These bugs have been fixed.

And of course this brings up the NGROUPS_MAX issue again and how we
need to have custom versions of important software on savannah.

I'm not confident that the NGROUPS_MAX issue will be resolved in time
for linux 2.6.  Has any progress been made on using extended
attributes instead of groups for access control?  If no one has looked
into extended attributes yet, I'm going to try to squeeze in some time
over the next few weeks to at least see what work would be required to
make it happen.

Looking further toward the future, are there any plans to move to
GForge 3?