[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of eMule Plus - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of eMule Plus - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 16 Jun 2003 16:52:03 +0200

address@hidden said:

> Dmitry Kuchin <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: eMule Plus
> System name: emuleplus
> Type: non-GNU

> eMule Plus is a modification of the original eMule project, created to
> improve its abilities and features, in both work efficiency and user
> interface.

Could you please resubmit your project again with a
detailed technical description?  This should include requirements,
such as programming languages, external libraries, etc.
Half a page will do.

According the link you provided, emule runs only on:
 Operating System: Windows 95/98/2000, Windows NT/2000
which is problematic for us.

 We only host projects that can run in a free operating
system (such as Debian GNU/Linux).  We have adopted this policy because
now that completely free operating systems exists, we do not want to
encourage users of those systems to start using proprietary operating
systems so that they can use your program.

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above.  The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
have to register their projects several times.  Thank you for your
understanding.

Some users find it useful to use the big re-registration URL provided in
the acknowledgment e-mail you received after registration.

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org
  Not a native english speaker: