[Savannah-hackers] Re: [ 102210 ] phpGroupWare website move to GNU serve

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [ 102210 ] phpGroupWare website move to GNU servers
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:14:10 -0700

Paul Fisher wrote:
For the time being, gnuftp.gnu.org is probably be best machine to host
phpGW.  Savannah right now is a bit overloaded currently, although
there is new hardware for savannah in the pipeline.

Sounds fine to me

I'll be the one handling the setup for phpGW on gnuftp.  I don't
particularly have a leaning toward either user-mode linux, a chroot
install, or just co-existing alongside the current installation.  I've
never used user-mode linux, so I'll have to look into it some.

The only reason we want a little more control is to be able to handle issues of services hanging or possibly making tweaks to apache config and php config. It may not be absolutly nessesary, but would be more convient.

Are all the packages you need in Debian stable?  How many people would
need root access?  What are all the software dependencies for phpGW?
If you only need to piggy back on top of Apache and MySQL, we already
have those up and running on gnuftp.

Yes, all in Debian stable. We just need apache, php4 and mysql and/or pgsql

As for DNS, is the plan to move phpgroupware.org over to the FSF?  If
so, has bkuhn spoke with you about moving the domain over to
gandi.net?  And for DNS servers, we can setup ns{1,2,3}.gnu.org to
handle DNS for phpgroupware.org.  The zone files live will on
fencepost, and we can setup access to edit those for anyone that needs
it.

Yes, I will be transfering to gandi.net and putting on your dns. I will try and take care of the gandi.net process today.

Dan Kuykendall

Paul