[Savannah-hackers] submission of Eyes Wide Open - savannah.nongnu.org

From: deflau_g
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Eyes Wide Open - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 05:31:14 -0400

Deflaux Guillaume <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Eyes Wide Open
System name: ewo
Type: non-GNU

The project I want to submit is called EWO : Eyes Wide Open. It's a 3D User
Interface (3D GUI). It will not be an X11 Window Manager. The purpose of this
project is to provide an original user interface.
EWO will allow the usage of all the "classic" application such as net brower,
shells... within the 3D evironement. This will be done thanks to a VNC client
that will be specialy developped for this project. The purpose of this client
is to convert the screenshots that produces a VNC server into textures. Theses
textures will be mapped into the 3D environement. The 3D environement will be
rendered with Opengl and SDL.
A plugin system will allow the use of simple "3D applications" such as mp3
player of file browers. These application will be fully integrated to the 3D
environement to make it more functional. The 3D objects used will be imported
thanks to ASE file formats. Bison and Flex will provide the parser for such
files.
EWO will be developed in C++.
The environement will be a cube (for now). Each inner face of the cube will
allow the use of an application. The volume of the cube will contain of the "3D
applications" floating in the air.
We will also produce some documentation.
For now we don't have any url with the project code. But it's comming...

Other Software Required:
Opengl 1.2
SDL 1.2
Bison 1.8.x / Flex 2.5.x