[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Savannah-hackers] submission of The Backbone Project - savannah.nongnu
[Savannah-hackers] submission of The Backbone Project - savannah.nongnu.org
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:44:54 -0400
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.3.1) Gecko/20030527 Debian/1.3.1-2
A package was submitted to savannah.nongnu.org
This mail was sent to address@hidden, address@hidden
Jeff Teunissen <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Other License: Also, LGPL v2.1 or later (for shared libraries)
Package: The Backbone Project
System name: backbone
The Backbone Project is being created by a set of developers of GNUstep and
GNUstep-based applications, to design and build a complete "desktop" system
based on the GNUstep libraries and with an updated NeXTish look and feel. Among
the goals are:
* Building a library or set of libraries to facilitate
Objective-C/GNUstep-based applications acting as an integrated
* Creating integrated services to assist users with making
applications work together.
* Completing and using an integrated hypertext help system for all
applications (this is mostly completed)
* Creating, completing and/or "filling out" a set of simple, easy,
standard applications, among them a text editor
* Creating and/or adapting a Workspace application, which is something
between a file manager and a graphical shell application.
* Creating a "session manager" a la gnome-session, to handle window
manager and the Workspace application (for X11-based systems).
* Completing a Preferences application for setting options for the
desktop and the underlying OS.
* Integrating a good multi-window Terminal application for
command-line and Services use.
We intend to write a good deal of new code, but some of the basis for the
project is located at:
Software originally written by one or more project members --
Software to be gleaned from --
Other Software Required:
GNUstep-make, GNUstep-base, GNUstep-gui, GNUstep-back
Message sent via/by Savannah
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Savannah-hackers] submission of The Backbone Project - savannah.nongnu.org,