[Savannah-hackers] submission of Shaman-X Safety Management project - s

From: dominique . chabord
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Shaman-X Safety Management project - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:00:32 -0400

Dominique Chabord <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Shaman-X Safety Management project
System name: shaman-x
Type: non-GNU

Shaman-X project aims at contributing to management of failures and failures
combinations which may affect technical infrastructure of large organizations
and may lead them to serious crisis situations.
Shaman-X is a Free Software development project which proposes a reference
implementation for the information and management workstation designed for
crisis management task force.

Thanks to its easy portability, Shaman-X runs on the vast majority of hardware
across networks and instruments most multi-vendors architectures. Additionally,
it is designed to be favorably combined with the many security , clustering or
database products available.

Shaman-X Version 1 will include following components:
- WDX is a distributed lock manager; WDX is being reengineered before its first
release for Linux. The code we start from is at
http://shaman-x.org/downloads/archives

- FWDX is a real-time watchdog. GPL code is being ported from Digital-UNIX to
Linux, and therefore is not available yet.

Presentaion of the overall projet is at www.shaman-x.org

Other Software Required:

Other Comments:
According to Rudy Gevaert recommendation, I precised the reference to Free
Software.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/