Re: address@hidden: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Manual de referenci

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Manual de referencia de PyGTK 2.0 - savannah.nongnu.org]
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:18:58 -0400

    There is no fixed list.
    There is a criteria: the compatibility with the GPL.

    To help users, we propose a list of well known GPL-compatible licenses to
them.
    They know, by picking these licenses, that their software is
GPL-compatible. But
    they can come up with another license, which one we would review before
    accepting the project, to make sure it's truly GPL-compatible. Eventually
we ask
     for an advice to address@hidden when a proposed license is too confusing.

Let's handle the documentation license issue the same way,
except that we should also allow simple copyleft licenses
even if they are incompatible.