Re: [arch-users] Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah NEEDS sftp; suggestions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [arch-users] Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah NEEDS sftp; suggestions and offer of help
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:18:57 -0400

    If we are about to backports stuff from sid, let's run RedHat. They provide
    recent package tested.

We use Debian because Debian cares more about freedom than other
distro makers.  So we will not consider switching to any other port
unless it cares more about freedom than Debian does.

We may switch to GNU/LinEx for that specific reason.  It is released
by a group that follows our criteria of freedom more than the Debian
project does.  It is based on Debian, so it won't be too big a
difference.