[Savannah-hackers] gnudist.gnu.org is down, sv_sync_www issue

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] gnudist.gnu.org is down, sv_sync_www issue
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 18:09:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

  it seems that the web host gnudist.gnu.org is down, in the sync_www log we
have :

  ssh: connect to address 199.232.41.7 port 22: Connection timed out

Looks like it started to break from Sat Aug 2 10:19:34 EDT. I can't fix that,
but if
somebody with the proper access could, that would be very nice.

Another remark : I had a look at sv_sync_www.c code, I find it pretty
convoluted to
have quoting and command launching in C, what about a few lines of Perl ? Also
the
sync-on-commit feature is cool, but when it goes beserk (like now), I guess
it's not
fun (and not easy) to resync. What about adding a feature that queue commit
events
that did not made it to the dist host, and some cron job that collects them and
retry
them ? I can contribute that if you find it useful.