Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of PHP Web Application Framework - sav

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of PHP Web Application Framework - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 12:19:30 +0200

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 06:21:55AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>

> Dashamir Hoxha <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: PHP Web Application Framework
> System name: phpwebapp
> Type: GNU

> phpWebApp is an application framework which makes easy and simple the task of
> building PHP web applications based on relational databases. It separates the
> task of designing and changing the layout of the application from the task of
> implementing the logic of the application, by using XML templates that are an
> extension of XHTML. It also simplifies the task of implementing the logic of
> the application by offering an event based programming model. In addition,
> phpWebApp tries to offer modularity and code reusability to the community of
> webApp developers.
>
> For more details see the homepage of the framework:
>   http://phpwebapp.sourceforge.net/
>
> The summary page of the project at SourceForge:
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpwebapp
>
> The source code can be downloaded at:
>   http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=41147
>
> Other Software Required:
> No such dependences.

 Please remove GIF image files from your project and
replace them with an other format (such as PNG or JPEG).

Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW
compression algorithm which are used when making GIF files,
it's impossible to have free software to generate proper
GIFs.  They also apply to the compress program.

For more information read http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html

Before releasing your project under the GPL, please place
copyright notices and permission to copy statements at the beginning
of every file of source code.

In addition, if you haven't already, please copy a copy of the plain
text version of the GPL, available from
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt), into a file named "COPYING".

Additional instructions are available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, go to
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

Please register your project once more with the changes
mentioned above.

We cannot track projects that have been answered but not approved, so
we must ask you to register the project whenever you change the
registration. Make sure to apply all changes so you need to reregister
only once.

The re-registration URL found in our acknowledgement of your earlier
registration will direct you to the proper location.

Regards,

Rudy