Re: [Savannah-hackers] New project registration

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] New project registration
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 05:46:18 -0400

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 12:01:01PM +0200, Michal Bidlo wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I would like to register a new software project project - Simple
> image viewer for GNOME2. When I registered in the GNOME they gave me
> Your address where I could place my project for downloads. But now I
> see at the step 2 of the Regiostration of the new project that I
> would give some URL where the program can be found. But I have no
> such URL yet, I would like to place it at savannah.nongnu.org. My
> project is still only in my computer which is unaccessible via
> Internet. So I wonder whom shall I send the source package and if I

Send it to me (address@hidden), and register your project and mention
you sent it to me.

Please make sure you have applied the following things (e.g. when you
release your project under the GPL)

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously
under the GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
statements at the beginning of every file of source code.

In addition, if you haven't already, please copy a copy of the plain
text version of the GPL, available from
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt), into a file named "COPYING".

Additional instructions are available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, go to
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

> shall send it before or after the registration procedure.  After the
> registration I should give the URL that I'll recieve here to the
> GNOME registration as a download/home page of my project so I wonder
> where I get this URL (I suppose that after registration procedure).
> This is my first contribution of this kind to Yours community.

When your project is approved your project homepage will be:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/projectname

The project website will be: http://www.nongnu.org/projectname

A download place will then be avaible at:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=projectname

Rudy

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms