Re: [Savannah-hackers] RSS for savannah pages.

From: Nic
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] RSS for savannah pages.
Date: 25 Aug 2003 13:04:22 +0100

Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> writes:

> En réponse à Nic <address@hidden>:
>
> > I have some code to generate RSS pages from SQL querys.
> >
> > Are we interested in making RSS of our projects available? Maybe NEWS
> > + File releases as a single RSS?
> >
> > I could easily hack that together.
>
> Hi Nic,
>
> See http://sv.gnu.org/bugs?group=savannah
> there's an item about that.
>
> If you want it, you can do it.

Ok... I'll pick it up.

> It should be done for any kind of data. Bugs,
> tasks -etc...- RSS are also interesting.
> In fact, maybe a RSS per project is more appropriate: a RSS per project per
> artifact -bug, etc- should be the best.

I don't agree with doing it per project per item. I'd prefer a single
project RSS with each item clearly categorised. That way one wouldn't
need to aggregate the feeds for a single project to see all the news.

That's the basis on which I'll go ahead... but I'm happy to argue
about it.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk