[Savannah-hackers] web sync and gnudist.gnu.org

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] web sync and gnudist.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 16:13:33 +0200

Hello hackers,

gnudist has been unreachable for a couple of weeks now, and the sv_sync_www script has not been able to do its job. I would like to notify our future savior who will hopefully fix this that I wrote a Perl replacement for this script a few weeks ago as promised. Thanks to test cases provided in the original C code by Gordon Matzigkeit, I could check that it behaves identically. It does pretty logging by itself, so the current invocation in CVSROOT/loginfo :

ALL (date; id -un ; cat; (sleep 2; /subversions/sourceforge/bin/sv_sync_www %{s} ) < /dev/null >> /var/log/sv_sync_www.log 2>&1 & ) >> /var/log/sv_sync_www.log 2>&1

should become :

ALL ( /subversions/savannah/bin/sv_sync_www.pl %s & ) >> /var/log/sv_sync_www.log 2>&1

Of course someone will have to update the local install of the Savannah dist, for now it's only available at /usr/local/savannah/src/savannah/backend/gnu-specific/sv_sync_www.pl