[Savannah-hackers] newsitem

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] newsitem
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:49:47 +0200

Because mail is going so slow I'm responding this way.  I follow the
archives.

I'm going to post the following news item for Savannah in the morning.

what follows is an updated version
title: Mail Delivery issues ?

Several savannah-users noticed problems with mail delivery through the
mailing-lists.

We feel it is important to forward you the information we received
from the people in charge of the GNU/nonGNU mail server:

  "There are no current speed issues with mailing lists on our end.

  SoBig.F hit us very hard starting August 19th, and those problems
  persisted for about a week.  SoBig.F has been affecting other mail
  servers as well.  SoBig.F is causing an extra-ordinary number of
  incoming mail connections, and this occasionally is delaying
  legitimate mail from arriving to gnu.org addresses.

  If the problem occurs again, a copy of an email with Received
  headers
  would be useful."

// end

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux user and Savannah hacker http://savannah.gnu.org
  It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims.
                                    - Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)