[Savannah-hackers] For Your Perusal.

From: paulndoyo
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] For Your Perusal.
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 19:46:15 GMT

PHOENIX ENGINEERING LIMITED,
PLOT 341D AHMADU BELLO WAY,
VICTORIA ISLAND,
LAGOS-NIGERIA.

FOR YOUR KIND ATTENTION,

First, I must solicit your strictest understanding in the matter i am about to
disclose to you, if the contents of this mail does meet with your approval, I
humbly crave your indulgence.

I am the director of the above named company, I recently retired as the
director of finance of the Federal Ministry Of Power & Steel (FMP&S). During my
tenure as the director of finance, I was also in charge of the federal tenders
board. The job of the tenders board was to access bids made to the FMP&S by
foreign and local contractors for execution of contracts and recommend to the
government for award of such contracts.
In the course of our work at the tenders board, we recieved a bid of (USD46.8M)
from Arab Contractors Company of Egypt for the refurbishing of the Oghorode
Power Station and the supply of (1000 units) of 27KVA transformers for the
south-western part of the country. The federal governemnt had already given the
tender's board a mark-up of (USD70M), what this meant was that the value of the
contract should not exceed USD70M The bid was unsually low for the contract in
question considering the other bids we had gone through. The tenders board now
invited the Arab Contractors Company of Egypt for an appraisal of their bid.
After the appraisal, we the five members of the tenders board agreed to
recommend them for the award of the contract only if they increase thier bid to
USD70M. The balance USD23.2M was to be paid to us (the members of the tenders
board) after the execution of the contract. Not trusting the contractors to
live up to their own part of the bargain, we established the above mentioned
company and had them contract the USD23.2M to the company as a sub-contract of
the original contract. The deed of sub-contract was drawn up, singed by all the
concerned parties and registered with the registrar of deeds at the federal
high court, ( copies will be sent to you upon the commencement of this
transaction) Arab contractors have executed the whole contract and have been
paid off, leaving the balance USD23.2M.

Considering the amount of the fund involved we cannot ask the CBN to pay
directly into our local bank account as the bank regulatory bodies will want to
know the directors of the company. Though I am retired, my other two partners
are still in government employ.

I have therefore been mandated as a matter of trust by my partners to source
for a business partner to whom we could transfer the sum of USD23.2M by drawing
up a letter of domiciliation instructing the concerned government parastatals
i.e the FMP&S and Finance Ministry to pay into the partner's account the
contractual entitlement of USD23.2M. You will agree with me that a letter of
domiciliation is an accepted form of doing business . We the directors of this
company will first of all nominate and appoint you as a norminal director of
this company, this will show that you have had a business relation with the
company prior to this transaction.

Should this transaction interest you, you are to contact me via my e-mail
address, so that I can brief you fully, and discuss your renumeration for this
undertaking. All logistics are in place and all modalities worked out for the
smooth conclusion of the transaction upon receipt of the following information:
Your full name/ company name, address, company's details & activities,
telephone & fax numbers.

These information will enable us make the applications and lodge claims to the
concerned ministries & agencies in favour of your company and it is pertinent
to state here that a legally binding contract will be entered by all parties
involved, this is to safe guard our mutual interest.

Yours Faithfuly,

Paul  Ndoyo